Cambridge Pine Warbler re-located

Bill and Heather Wilson wgwilson at mgl.ca
Wed Jan 16 08:00:08 EST 2002

This afternoon, Wednesday, January 16, 2002, at 2:40 pm, I re-located
the male Pine Warbler seen last on January 10 by Heather and me.  This
time, the warbler was at the base of the treed slope mentioned in the
last email:

"the treed slope behind the back of houses on Rose Street that overlook
the floodplain, Linear Trail and the Grand River.  Several feeders are
maintained at the back of these houses and attract a variety of birds in
the tangle of undergrowth and trees on the slope."

Directions: Take the 401 Exit #278 -- Hwy 8/King Street through Preston,
Cambridge.  Continue through the business section until you reach Bishop
Street (Zehrs plaza on one corner; Tim Horton's on other).  Turn right
on Bishop, go two blocks to Hamilton Street (L-shaped intersection).
Proceed straight-ahead into the Preston Auditorium parking lot.  The
entrance to Linear Trail is on the far left of the parking lot.  Follow
Linear Trail down the slope until the trail follows the Grand River to
the wooden footbridge over the effluent channel. Once across the
footbridge, look north (ahead and to your right) across a meadow with
scattered trees and shrubs where you will see the wooded slope at the
back of the houses mentioned above. Side trails from Linear Trail lead
to the base of the slope.

Bill Wilson
Cambridge, ON
519 653-1274