Pileated Woodpecker at Campbellville

Betty Peckham ham at niagara.com
Sun Jan 20 13:41:53 EST 2002

Dear Birders:

On Saturday Betty and I went, once again to Campbellville on Guelph Line
north of Hamilton, to find that elusive Pileated Woodpecker.  Well this time
we found "Woody".  He was pecking away on a tree large as life.  We were
able to see him quite nicely although he didn't stay around very long.  It
was a life bird for us and brought us to 299 on the life list.  For us it
was worth the drive to Campbellville.

To reach Campbellville from Toronto:-
401 west to Guelph Line.  South to Campbellville, first set of traffic
lights, then turn right (west) on Campbellville Rd. Then along Campbellville
Rd. to Milburough Rd.  Turn right (north)on Milburough Rd.  He was in the
first stripped tree on the right.  He has worked many of the trees along
that side of the road so you may have to drive up and down the road until
you see him.

To reach Campbellville from the QE and Hamilton:-
Take Guelph Line north from the QE until you reach Campbellville.  When you
reach the traffic lights in Campbellville turn left (west) on Campbellville
Rd. Then along Campbellville Rd. to Milburough Rd.  Turn right (north)on
Milburough Rd.  He was in the first stripped tree on the right.  He has
worked many of the trees along that side of the road so you may have to
drive up and down the road until you see him.

Bill & Betty Peckham
ham at niagara.com

"Betty Peckham" <ham at niagara.com>