Royal Botanical Gardens Arboretum Dundas,On. Tufted Titmouse

Lea Haist lana1022 at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 20 22:12:31 EST 2002

Hi all:

Saturday morning hubby and I went to the Arboretum. While walking along the
shore just behind the centre we were feeding the dees and downys, which both
landed on our hands and to our surprise the titmouse landed not 8 feet from
us.  I did manage to snap a couple of pretty good pictures.  The hairy and
downy were both present, white breasted nuthatch, juncos, bc chickadees,
jays, cardinals and also my first ever American Tree Sparrow.  We noted many
hawks on both sides of highway 403 at King Road..red-tailed, coopers and
sharp-shinned. Resting low on a tree I think was a northern Harrier..His
wings and low flying led me to believe this too as we watched him in flight.
I'm not positive on him though.

Lea
Burlington
lana1022 at cogeco.ca

>From Toronto and East
Hwy 401 (or QEW) West to Hwy 403 West (Hamilton), exit at Hwy 6 North,
follow signs
>From the Niagara Region and Buffalo (USA)
QEW North to Hwy 403 West (Hamilton), exit at Hwy 6 North, follow signs.

"Lea Haist" <lana1022 at cogeco.ca>