Snow Geese (?) Toronto, near Christie Pits

David Calderisi dcal at sprint.ca
Tue Jan 22 16:04:59 EST 2002

Jan. 21, right at dusk, walking the dogs in a lane just north of Bloor
and west of Bathurst, first heard then saw five geese flying south. I’d
guess they were Lake Ontario bound. In the minute or so I had them in
view (no binoculars) I noted they were ‘stubbier’ and smaller than our
local Canadas, and I particularly noted that their underwing was
two-toned. I’m guessing Snow Geese. Please reply in private to comment
on my conclusion.

David Calderisi <dcal at sprint.ca>