Turkeys and Ruddy Duck fo winter birders.

Norm Murr NORMURR at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Jan 26 19:50:35 EST 2002

 Hello once again fellow birders.

 Today Saturday, Jan.26, 2002 Stan Bajurny and I birded a few places without too
much luck but we did find a couple of species that you winter birders may still
be seeking.

 This morning we were driving down Duffys Lane near Palgrave when I spotted some
shrubs in a field that contained horses and a donkey. Stan stopped the vehicle
and we got out and carefully checked these 11 shrubs out. After a short time of
checking field marks, etc. we finally realized that these were no ordinary
shrubs but actual Wild Turkeys, either that or the shrubs showed legs as they
were slowly walking and feeding in plain sight. I have checked my Bird and Shrub
Field Guides since I got home and I feel 100% sure they were not shrubs.

 These 11 Wild Turkeys were on the west side of Duffys Lane opposite
#18109.(between Hwy 9 and Finnerty Sideroad about 30 km west of Yonge St in
Newmarket).

 The Ruddy Duck was a male and it was in the inner harbour at Bronte.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, ON
NORMURR at SYMPATICO.CA
Norm Murr <NORMURR at SYMPATICO.CA>