Bald Eagle, Double crested Cormorant in Hamilton.

Bullock Family bullock at primus.ca
Mon Jan 28 18:46:00 EST 2002

A pleasant sunset  walk along Hamilton's waterfront trail revealed two
unexpected species tonite.  An immature bald eagle, possibly the same
individual we reported last Fall, was soaring over Cootes Paradise.  On the
east side of the 403, in Burlington Bay, we spotted our first comorant of
2002.  Also buffleheads, mergansers, black backed gulls.

Directions:  As one drives from Toronto on the 403, Cootes Paradise is the
body of water on the right; Burlington Bay is on the left.  The waterfront
trail is accessable from the 403 thus:  Main st. exit, about 10 blocks east,
left onto Bay and park  on the left before you hit water.  The trail goes
wst along the bay, under the 403, 3200 metres to Princess Point on Cootes
Paradise.

Fran and Wayne Bullock, Ancaster
bullock at primus.ca

"Bullock Family" <bullock at primus.ca>