Ottawa Crow gathering

eve ticknor sandbird at magma.ca
Wed Jan 30 23:42:11 EST 2002

I drove past a park at Billings Bridge in Ottawa around 3:45pm today, and
where I am accustomed to seeing a very large flock of ducks (mostly
mallards) come up on shore for a grain handout from some concerned citizen
(s), today there was a very large flock of crows!

They were all over the park as well as many in trees there.  I have never
seen that many at that location.  There is a huge roost further away near
the Ottawa Hospital General Campus and Children's Hospital of Eastern
Ontario.

The park at Billings Bridge is next to the intersection of Riverside Drive
and Bank Street on the south side of the Rideau River.  Riverside can be
accessed from the 417 (head south) or from Hunt Club Road (head north).

The roost area near the hospital campus is between Alta Vista Drive and
Smythe Road, again easily accessed from Riverside Drive.

Cheers, Eve

-Eve Ticknor
Coordinator, OFNC Peregrine Falcon Watch
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
sandbird at magma.ca

"use the talents you possess,
for the woods would be silent