Bohemian Waxwings, Sapsucker, Guelph

Joel Kits joel_kits at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 16:11:14 EST 2002

This morning at 11:30 I found a found a flock of about 30 waxwings,
including at least 11 Bohemian Waxwings, in the University of Guelph
Arboretum. The flock was in some trees outside the Arboretum Centre and
after about ten minutes flew to the south-west. I took a quick look in that
direction but couldn't relocate them. An hour later an immature
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker showed up at the Arboretum Centre feeder. I believe
this bird was first reported two weeks ago. I didn't find any Pine Grosbeaks
today.

Directions:
The Arboretum is at the east end of the U of G campus. From College Ave,
turn south on East Ring Road, then east on Arboretum Road to the Arboretum.

Joel Kits
Guelph, ON