Spruce Grouse, Bohemian W - Ottawa Area

Jamie Wapisay jwapisay at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:48:48 EST 2002

EARDLEY-MASHAM ROAD (Saturday Feb. 2)

While walking from "La Peche" to "Richard's Cabin" my friend Bev and I saw
two Spruce Grouse in the trees.  Later on we also encountered 2 Ruffed
Grouse, a Red Breasted Nuthatch and 2 Black-capped Chickadees.

Directions:
Follow Island Park Drive north to the Champlain Bridge across the Ottawa
River. Turn left (west) at the first traffic lights, onto Lucerne Blvd
(Lower Aylmer Road) and proceed west for approximately 7 km to Frank
Robinson. Turn right (north) on Frank Robinson, then left (west) onto
Eardley which becomes Highway 148 after you pass through Aylmer. Keep
following Highway 148 for approximately 18 km; you will pass through
Luskville and, approximately 5 km further on, the Eardley-Masham Road begins
(sign says Ste Cécile de Masham). Look for the Jokino Rest-o-Bar on the
northeast corner of the intersection.

Ottawa South (Monday Feb.4)

135+ Bohemian Waxwings are all sitting in one tree on Southmore st. in
Ottawa South.

Southmore is located just off Walkey road (in between Riverside and Bank).
If you drive through the neighborhood you'll probably see them in the trees.

Jamie Wapisay
Ottawa
"Jamie Wapisay" <jwapisay at hotmail.com>