Purple Sandpiper

ronald scovell hillstar at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 9 10:50:18 EST 2002

There is an easily accessible Purple Sandpiper for Toronto and vicinity
birders. The bird can be seen at the foot of Waverley Rd. in Kew Beach.
Waverley runs south from Queen St. 3 blocks east of Woodbine. It is a one
way south street.  When you reach the foot of Waverly where it meets with
Kew Beach Avenue (east-west street), you will see a tennis court.  Walk down
the west side of the courts and you will see a small patch of algae on the
lake shore,  and probably a small flock of Mallards. The sandpiper works the
algae.  The bird was reported yesterday to Toronto's Rare Bird Alert,  and
it was still there this AM.  I am sorry, but I do not know the name of the
individual that made the report.
Ron Scovell

"ronald scovell" <hillstar at sympatico.ca>