Bruce Peninsula: Hoary, Snowy, Kingfisher, RB Woodpecker

Ethan Meleg emeleg at bmts.com
Sun Feb 10 14:57:16 EST 2002

Greetings Ontbirders,

A few birds hanging around the Bruce Peninsula...

Hoary Redpoll (1):
Visiting Don Wilkes feeder with about 20 Common Redpolls at 77 Maple Golf Cres, Tobermory. A couple
of the redpolls appear ill, as per previous Ontbirds postings.

Red-bellied Woodpecker (1):
Regularly at my feeder (46 Maple Golf Cres) for the past couple of months. This is an unusual bird
for the northern Bruce Peninsula.

Belted Kingfisher (1):
First seen by Don Wilkes last week near Tobermory, then by me in Big Tub Harbour, Tobermory.

Snowy Owl (1):
Hanging out in the field at the SE corner of Hwy 6 and Clarke's Road (about half way between
Ferndale and Tobermory).

Pine Grosbeaks (U of Guelph):
There were about 85 Pine Grosbeaks feeding on crab apples yesterday at the U of Guelph campus as per
Street)

Directions to Maple Golf Crescent:
Take Hwy 6 north up the Bruce Peninsula. As you are coming into Tobermory, take the first right
after the Petro Canada station onto Maple Golf Crescent.

Happy birding!
Ethan Meleg (Tobermory)
Bird & Nature Photography
web: www.ethanmeleg.com