King Eider, Hamilton

The Burrells burrellsc at golden.net
Sun Feb 10 19:35:36 EST 2002

    Today Jason Dombroskie, William Godsoe, John Klymko, Mike and I
birded the Hamilton area. Our highlights are:
    - King Eider - 1 first winter male off of Dewitt Rd.
    - Black Scoter - 2 at Travellodge, ~30 off of Green's, Gray's, and
Dewitt Rd.
    - D.C. Cormorant - 1 at La Salle Marina
    - Glaucous Gull - 1 at Travellodge, 1 at Tollgates
    - Surf Scoter - ~70 at Travellodge, 1 Dewit Rd.

Also as we were leaving from La Salle Marina some birders told us that
about 20 minutes earlier the 2 Greater White-fronted Geese flew off.

Directions to King Eider area: take QEW east to Niagra, exit off at
Fruitland Road, check out all the roads that end at the lake.

Good Birding,
Kenny Burrell
Heidelberg, Ont.

--