Ovenbird - Toronto

Maris Apse apsemaris at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:11:42 EST 2002

  Hi all!
     I took another run to Sunnybrook at lunchtime to-day and got lucky with
this bird. On Sunday I was up the wrong creek. I saw the Ovenbird  in the
lower branches of the spruce tree alongside the paved pathway heading north
towards Edwards Gardens. This tree is quite close(-100m) to the washrooms
and just past a hanging 'plate' feeder. The bird definitely has some damage
to its left leg(seems to be turned out at the knee).
     BTW I made short stops at Col Sam Smith at 3:30 pm yesterday and again
at 8:15 this morning, but could NOT find the Hermit Thrush, nor the Winter
wren that is the object of my desire.( My ONT. WL is 139).
   Happy winter birding and listing!
                                         Maris Apse - OFO SALES
                                         511 Chamberlain Lane
                                         Oakville  ON L6J 6A2
  H-905-338-0318  S-416-393-1510 X 20041  FAX 416-393-8172