Smith's Longspur Haldemand

Mark Cranford cranford at attcanada.ca
Sun Feb 17 14:36:39 EST 2002

I had an acceptable view of the Smith's Longspur in flight (buffy with
white outer tail feathers). It landed a couple of times but I could
not locate it.  It was in the same field as originally reported
although it crossed the road once.

The bird was seen with Horned Larks on the north side of the
2nd Line (2nd concession road north of Hagersville maybe a 1000 yards
east of #6 in the grassy field on the north side of the road. If you
are about 1/2 way between #6 and the high voltage transmission lines
to the east you are in the right location.

--
Mark Cranford
cranford at attcanada.ca
Mississauga,  Ontario