Late winter singers (Ottawa area)

Christina Lewis weewa at primus.ca
Mon Feb 11 21:26:58 EST 2002

Hi Ontbirds people,

For what it's worth, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon.  Even in the cold
northeastern reaches of the province (ie.the Ottawa area), House Finches
have been singing regularly in my backyard for the past month (on the milder
days), a Northern Cardinal was "tuning up" last weekend in Vars (at the
feeders where a Tufted Titmouse has been feeding [but NOT singing] for over
a week), a Boreal Chickadee was singing in a backyard in Metcalfe a week or
so ago...and Common Ravens are pairing up and giving some really
entertaining vocalizations...

It's been an easy winter, but bring on the spring! (Thanks to Mike Street
for initiating this very positive line of thought re: bird observations).

Chris Lewis
Ottawa
weewa at primus.ca

"Christina Lewis" <weewa at primus.ca>