Enjoy Morning Birding before Feb 16 Niagara Peninsula Hawkwatch Counters' Meeting

Mike Street mikestreet at hwcn.org
Wed Feb 13 08:21:24 EST 2002

Niagara Peninsula Hawkwatch Counters (and birders who would like to become
Counters) are reminded of the important meeting this Saturday, February
16, from 1:30PM - 3:30PM. Why not enjoy a morning's birding in the
Hamilton area before the meeting? (Lunch? See restaurant information
below.)

The main purpose of the meeting is to introduce the draft Counter's Guide
for NPH activities and get Counter feedback on both the guide and other
aspects of our activities at Beamer CA. Key sections which will be
reviewed include expanding the count to other locations if a significant
flight develops away from Beamer CA, and ways of organizing the count at
Beamer if a major flight develops there (as we always hope one will).

As a bonus, we are pleased to advise that Dave Copeland and Barry
Cherriere will present a slide program on the history of the hawk watch at
Beamer, as well as a few slides illustrating differences between Cooper's
Hawks and Sharp-shinned Hawks in flight.

The meeting will be held in the Auditorium of the Hamilton Spectator, 44
Frid St., Hamilton. Directions: From QEW Exit 100 (Burlington Junction)
follow Hwy. 403 to Hamilton. Take the Main St. East exit (just after
Cootes Paradise). Immediately turn left into the shopping plaza (just past
Macdonald's), exit the plaza turning right (south) onto Dundurn St., cross
Main St. to Chatham St., turn right on Chatham St. to Frid. Alternate:
Take the Main St. West exit, at the end of the ramp turn right (east) onto
Main St., stay in the right lane and proceed downtown. Frid St. is the
first right just after crossing back over the 403.

There are six fast food restaurants (Tim's, Mac's, Harvey's, Pizza x2,
Taco, KFC) and two full service restaurants (1 family, 1 Indian) within a
5-minute walk of the Spectator building, either in or across from the
shopping plaza, or 100m down Main St. toward downtown.

For further information please contact me at the address below.

Hope to see you there. Thanks very much.

Mike

Mike Street
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
mikestreet at hwcn.org