WOOD DUCKS at Cranberry in southwest Whitby-- Mar.28-- as numbers of all birds are decreasing

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Thu Mar 28 14:45:45 EST 2002

PERHAPS I SHOULD CLOSE DOWN MY DAILY CRANBERRY REPORTS, now that the numbers
of feathereds are decreasing. The three times that I did not report were
followed by many emails and several phone calls wishing info re. the
Cranberry birds.

The numbers of songbirds at the Hall's Rd. feeders are dwindling, but if one
car-seats for at least 1 hour on the roadside near the feeder stations I can
predict 4 u--- 1 female W-w Crossbill, female Purple Finch, 1 or more
C.Redpoll among others. The R-n Pheasants have been quiet for 2 days.

I counted 15 HORNED LARKS en route down Hall's Rd.

NO SIGN of the G. White-fronted Goose among the 100s of Canadas on the
lakefront, fields or marsh.
On the marsh--2 new wing-tagged Trumpeters-- #137 and #578--are now with
"our" #568 & 573. The neck-collared female R39 & brother R37 have been a
fixture since Feb.14. For 1 hour this AM 2 pr. of WOOD DUCKS "enjoyed"
swimming around and around these 2 swans.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby, ON

"Doug Lockrey" <lockrey33 at rogers.com>