Mew Gull, Blue wing X Shoveler, etc. Hillman Marsh

Ware Dean peleeisbirder at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:50:29 EST 2002

Birders,

At about 7:15am I found an adult winter plumaged Mew Gull in a wheat field
located near the south east corner of Hillman Marsh. I did see the bird that
Alan Wormington found many weeks ago but I am unsure if this is the same
one.

Northern Shoveler X Blue-winged Teal Hybrid seen by Alan and myself on
Wednesday is still present near 37 Hwy. across from the 2 churches at
Hillman Marsh visitor centre.

Lesser Black-backed Gull: I found 2 birds Thursday afternoon one of these
birds may have been (L.f.intermedius) because of the Black mantle similar to
Great Black- backed Gull.

Other noteworthy sightings: 3 Great Egrets, 41 Tree Swallows, 3 Snowy Owls,
7 Snow Geese, 2 Surf Scoters and 2 Belted Kingfishers.

Good birding,

Dean Ware
Wheatley On.
peleeisbirder at hotmail.com