Tufted Titmouse, Humber Bay

ASMUNE at aol.com ASMUNE at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 08:40:35 EST 2002

Hello Birders!
This morning just after seven there was a Tufted Titmouse south of the
footbridge joining Humber Bay East and Humber Bay West.  He started off on a
tree on the west side, then crossed the river but was easy to locate because
of the perpetual song. This is the first time I have seen this bird when it
wasn't close to a feeder.
The resident Song Sparrow was singing merrily and there were yellowish
warblers alnd purplish finches that I didn't see well enough to i.d. for
certain.
The best way to get to the footbridge is to take the entrance which leads
south from Lakeshore Road about 100m. west of Parkside Drive in Etobicoke.
Turn left at the first opporuntiy and park near the footbridge.
HAPPY EASTER -  spring is here at last!
Good birding!
Jean

Jean McMullan, Toronto