Yellowheaded Blackbirds,Moorhens at St. Clair NWA

Blake Mann boatmann at kent.net
Tue Apr 23 20:18:30 EDT 2002

Hi all,
I checked for the YELLOWHEADED BLACKBIRDS at St. Clair NWA that Dorothy
alluded to last Friday.  I saw at least 3 males from the obs. tower this
evening.  Nice to see them back, as they have been scarce there the last two
years.  Also saw 3 COMMON GALLINULES, and various duck species.  I heard at
least 4 SORA RAILS, and 1 VIRGINIA RAIL.  No bitterns tonight.  A few Marsh
Wrens and Common Yellowthroats are back too.

DIRECTIONS:  (SCNWA) From city of Chatham on hwy 40 find Pioneer Line just
 north of the city (near mall) and turn left (west). Follow to Bear Line and
 turn right.  Go 1 concession north to Pain Court Line (left, west) and
 travel to the village.  Go through intersection at Winter Line
 and continue on P. C. Line to Townline Rd.  Turn right (north) and
 travel 3.1 km to SCNWA entrance.  Balmoral Line is at the entrance.
 Mitchell Bay is nine conc. (~9 km) north from Pain Court on Winter Line.
Blake  A.  Mann,
Wallaceburg,
Chatham-Kent, Ont.
email:  boatmann at kent.net