Marbled Godwit at Tavistock lagoons

Jeff Skevington jeff_skevington at yahoo.ca
Thu May 2 14:24:59 EDT 2002

I am reporting this for my parents, Richard and
Sharron Skevington. Late yesterday afternoon they
discovered a Marbled Godwit at the Tavistock Sewage
Lagoons.

To find the lagoons, head to the main intersection in
Tavistock (intersection of highway 59 and county roads
26 and 22). At this main intersection, turn east. Then
take the 3rd right (south). After about 200 meters the
road turns left (east) and runs along the north
boundary of a cemetary. Park here and walk along the
southwest edge of the cemetary to the lagoons.
Crossing a fence is necessary. I do not know the
current status of the lagoons with respect to
trespassing.

Jeff Skevington