Point Pelee-May 3

ERNEST POLLITZ pollitz at peoplepc.com
Fri May 3 17:26:51 EDT 2002

I managed to see 8 warbler species at Point Pelee
today.  (I missed seeing Blue-winged and
Golden-winged.)  In addition to several Yellow-rumped
and Yellow Warblers, I saw:

1 Cape May Warbler  (east side n. of 42nd parallel)
4 Palm Warblers  (3-Woodland, 1-near the Cape May)
2 Prothonotaries  (still at Woodland #11!)
1 Black-and-white  (Tilden)
1 Common Yellowthroat  (DeLaurier)
2 Nashvilles  (1-between White Pine and Cemetery Trail
               1-just south of the Visitor Center)
1 Savannah Sparrow  (east side s. of Sparrow Field)
1 Brown Thrasher  (DeLaurier House)
1 unidentified Flycatcher  (Cemetery Trail just up
                            from Tilden Boardwalk)

;) Laura Pollitz, Dearborn, MI