Fallout at Col Sam Smith Park, Toronto

Carol Horner chorner at sympatico.ca
Sun May 5 16:38:28 EDT 2002

Hello Ontbirders

A large fallout of warblers and other migrants entertained several
birders at Col Sam Smith Park today. Most of the birds were concentrated
at the north end of the park. When we finally dragged ourselves away
after several hours, Mary Schuster and I had seen 14 species of
warblers, 3  Thrush species, 2 Flycatcher species and 1 Vireo. Among the
warbler highlights were BLACKBURNIAN, AMERICAN REDSTART, MAGNOLIA,
OVENBIRD, NORTHERN PARULA, and ORANGE-CROWNED. Also seen in the park
today were VEERY, WOOD and HERMIT THRUSH, WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, GREY
CATBIRD, LEAST and GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER, BLUE-HEADED VIREO, and
BALTIMORE ORIOLE. What a beautiful day to be out birding!

Col Sam Smith Park is located at the foot of Kipling Road in Toronto.

Good Birding!

Carol Horner
chorner at sympatico.ca
Toronto, Ontario