Toronto warblers and Tanager

Laura Murray laura.murray at osc.on.ca
Fri May 17 12:21:14 EDT 2002

Over the last two days, I have seen a number of warblers in Glen Stewart Ravine in Toronto. Included are Black Throated Blue, Black and White, Magnolia, Chestnut Sided, Black Throated Green and and Male Redstart. A particular treat was seeing a Scarlet Tanager, my reward for venturing out in the pouring rain. No sign of the Red Headed Woodpeckers that have been seen in past years.

Glen Stewart Ravine is located east of the Intersection of Main Street and Kingston Road, in the east end of Toronto, at Glen Manor Drive. It runs from Kingston Road south to Glen Manor Drive, and can be accessed from Kingston Road, Beech Avenue, Balsam Avenue or Glen Manor Drive.

Laura Murray

laura.murray at osc.on.ca

"Laura Murray" <laura.murray at osc.on.ca>