Common Nighthawk in Hamilton

A & K Williams williamsmusic at execulink.com
Sun Jul 7 20:48:50 EDT 2002

I heard and saw my first Common Nighthawk of the year last evening at
8:30-9:00. It was singing and flying around the area of Ottawa and Cannon
Streets and I observed it from my backyard on Edinburgh St., two blocks east
of Ottawa. Could be nesting on one of the local schools (Prince of Wales at
Ivor Wynne Stadium, King George on Gage Ave.......).

Directions: Exit the QEW at Burlington Street; go left on Ottawa St. Park on
a side street, or in a city lot behind the stores on the east side of Ottawa
St. north of Cannon St. and listen.

Good Birding,

Ken

Ken & Angie Williams