Shorebirds, Etc. At Port Perry

Craig McLauchlan csam at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 20 19:48:23 EDT 2002

Shorebirds, Etc. At Port Perry

Please Excuse my spelling ,I am Dyslexic
thank you for your understanding.

To day Carol Horner and I visited the Port Perry Sewage Lagoons which
gave me the opportunity to pick up my pass # 126 I think its going well
and thanks again Geoff

Their was No WILSON'S PHALAROPE to be seen gone in the night I wood
think .
other shorebirds to be seen wear .

Killdeer (150+)
Greater Yellowlegs (5)
Lesser Yellowlegs (200+)
Solitary Sandpiper (2)
Spotted Sandpiper (50+)
Least Sandpiper (20+)
Semipalmated Sandpiper (3)
Pectoral Sandpiper (1)
Sanderling                (1)

Other species of note that wear still their today wear
March Wren          ( 5)
Common Moorhen (1)
Trumpeter Swan (tagged #566 & 569)
Ruddy Duck (8)
Green-Winged Teal (16)
Caspian Tern (7)
Black Tern (5)

Directions for permits and the lagoons as per Geoff Carpentier:

Cost $5.00/person

Where to get permit - 1623 Reach St., Port Perry - go north on Hwy 12
from
Whitby through Manchester/Port Perry to Reach St and turn east ... you
are
out the country now, so don't be alarmed ... the permits are housed at
the
Waste Transfer Station on the north side of the road.

Phone 905-985-7973

Hours of operation .... Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8 a.m.
to 4
p.m, Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed Sunday and Monday.

Lagoons are located one road north on Scugog Line 8 ... use the east
entrance.

Craig.S.A.McLauchlan
Toronto/Ont/Canada/World.
csam at sympatico.ca