Port Stanley Whooper Swan Pics

Andrew S. Ross andysross at rogers.com
Wed Aug 7 16:00:08 EDT 2002

Hello Ontbirders,
With the encouragement of other birders, I thought it would be appreciated
if I posted some pictures of the previously mentioned Whooper Swans located
at the Port Stanley Sewage Lagoons. Due to the distance and haze, the shots
are not top quality, but do adequately identity the birds as Whooper Swans.
Notice the large amount of yellow on the bill in the third picture.
Personally, I could not see any leg bands on either bird, but they were
quite some distance from the observation deck.The photos can be found at
the following addresses:

http://members.rogers.com/andysross/WhoopSwan1.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/andysross/WhoopSwan2.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/andysross/WhoopSwan3.JPG

I would be happy to answer any questions regarding the birds or my photos.

Andrew Ross
London, Ontario
andysross at rogers.com

"Andrew S. Ross" <andysross at rogers.com>