Yellow-crowned Night-Heron at Port Colbourne

anne pinteric apinteric at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 11 16:15:28 EDT 2002

Hello Birders,

The Yellow-crowned Night-Heron was seen in the pond, on Cement Plant Road
this morning.

We (Dennis Duckworth and myself) arrived at about 9am, and the bird was not
there. After about an hour of searching with Tom Flynn, we left.

Upon returning to the spot at around 11am, lo and behold, there was the
bird.  It was feeding and generally making itself available for spectacular
viewing, until we left at around noon.  Also seen by Norm Murr and Stan B.

Directions: Go west of Port Colbourne on Hwy 3.  Turn south on Cement Plant
Rd.  The bird was in the pond, at the southwest end , on the west side of
the road.

Anne Pinteric
Toronto, ON