Fw: White Pelican , Still in Hamilton

Bullock Family bullock at primus.ca
Thu Aug 29 14:44:02 EDT 2002

We observed the pelican this a.m. He was along the northshoreof Cootes
Paradise, about 300 metres southwest of the marsh observation tower. The
northern approach proved superior.

Many shorebirds:  Least, Semi-palmated, Solitary and Spotted Sandpipers
Semi-palmated Plover, Dunlin, Dowitchers, all visible from the tower. Scope
needed for peeps. We did not see the egrets today.

 Directions:  Cootes Paradise is west of the 403 as one enters Hamilton.
Take the Main St. exit east (downtown) from the 403 from either direction.
Take the first left from Main onto Dundurn St. (Heading north). At the end
of  Dundurn, turn left onto York Blvd., cross over the high bridge, (Cootes
Paradise will be on your left, Hamilton Harbour on your right) then left
again onto Old Guelph Road.  Follw this road about 1 km,(under the 403), the
RBG Arboretum s on your left.  Parking was free today.  There are many maps
along the trails that show where the marsh tower is. (The most western of
two towers).  It is about a ten minute walk.

 Fran & Wayne Bullock,
 Ancaster
 bullock at primus.ca

"Bullock Family" <bullock at primus.ca>