Golden Plovers between Hamilton & Caledonia

Norm Murr NORMURR at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Aug 31 23:54:15 EDT 2002

Hi there Ontbirders, long time no communicate.

 Today Stan Bajurny and I headed down towards the Long Point Area ad on the way
stopped off at the Sod Farms behind the school (west of Hwy 6) on the north side
of Unity Rd (just north of Caledonia). Among the many Killdeer we found 11
Golden Plovers but none of the target Buff-breasted Sandpipers.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, ON
NORMURR at SYMPATICO.CA

P.S.
 At the Townsend sewage lagoons among the 100 or so shorebirds were 2 Wilson's &
1 Red-necked Phalarope.

NCM

Townsend sewage lagoon directions:-

 On the way down Hwy 6 south of Hamilton you will pass through Hagersville and
drive towards Jarvis. Just before entering Jarvis you will see a sign indicating
TOWNSEND at Nanticoke Parkway #69. Turn right here and drive about 1 km to the
intersection with all the stop signs and turn left here on Keith Richardson
Parkway. Drive past the ponds on your right to 14th Concession Rd. Turn right
here and drive about 1/2 km and you will see the gate on your right. Park across
road if the gate is closed or past the gate if is open (the large tank trucks
use the parking area across the road to swing their rigs into line with the
narrow entrance road). DO NOT BLOCK THE GATE & If asked to leave then please
leave quietly (Usually not a problem on the weekends).

NCM
Norm Murr <NORMURR at SYMPATICO.CA>