Last word on Barcovan Brown Pelican

Doug McRae rdmcrae at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 10 12:31:23 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I thought you might like some follow-up information on the Brown Pelican
from Barcovan Beach (western outlet of Weller's Bay into Lake Ontario;
just east of Presqu'ile).  The bird was seen by Glenn and Mary Offen and
John Taylor on 19 August 2002 as they returned by boat from a fishing
trip.  They took several photos which clearly show a sub-adult Brown
Pelican.  I will forward the information and photos to the OBRC on
behalf of the observers.  They live on the site and said they have not
seen the bird again (or before that date), but will call me if it shows
up.

Cheers, Doug McRae

Doug McRae <rdmcrae at sympatico.ca>