Long-tailed & Parasitic Jaeger VanWagner's Beach, Hamilton

Cheryl Edgecombe cheryle29 at cogeco.ca
Sun Sep 15 13:26:55 EDT 2002

Today at approx 12:20 p.m. Chris Escott, John Olmsted, Dave Don, Tom Crooks,
Bill Smith, Jim Cram and I watched as a Parasitic Jaeger gave chase to a
Long-tailed Jaeger not too far from shore.  They gave quite a spectacular
show as we watched them for approx 10 minutes breaking chase over the
Burlington skyline.  The Parasitic had been seen by our group earlier.
Bonapartes gulls and migrating Common Terns were also present on the
northeast winds.

Two pipits were present at Tollgate ponds again this morning.

Good birding,
Cheryl Edgecombe

Directions:  From the QEW in Hamilton, take the Hwy 20 exit, go north, turn
left at the North Service Rd, follow it around to the parking area near
Hutch's Restaurant.

"Cheryl Edgecombe" <cheryle29 at cogeco.ca>