Golden-winged Warbler, etc. - Guelph

Joel Kits jkits at uoguelph.ca
Mon Sep 16 18:46:42 EDT 2002

After seeing Seabrooke Leckie's post and the others, I went to the
University of Guelph Arboretum this afternoon (Sept 16). Between 4:30 and
5:45, I stood in a clearing in the Wild Goose Woods and watched as several
hundred passerines moved past. Those few I managed to get in my binoculars
included: Golden-winged Warbler, Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided Warbler,
Nashville Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler, Black-and-white Warbler, Magnolia
Warbler, American Redstart, Blackpoll Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler,
Swainson's Thrush, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Traill's Flycatcher,
Great-crested Flycatcher, Eastern Phoebe, and Red-eyed Vireo. Two Red-tailed
Hawks and two Turkey Vultures passed overhead.

Joel Kits
Guelph, ON

Directions (from Seabrooke Leckie's post):
> The University of Guelph Arboretum is located in Guelph on
the east side of the University campus. From the 401, take
highway 6 north to Stone Road, east on Stone Road to Gordon
Street, north on Gordon Street one block to South Ring
Road, east on South Ring Road to East Ring Road, north on
East Ring Road to the Arboretum road, which is at a
pedestrian crosswalk.

"Joel Kits" <jkits at uoguelph.ca>