Recent arrivals in Concord.

Ian Cannell cannell at rogers.com
Tue Oct 1 05:28:40 EDT 2002

A few more species turned up in Marita Payne park in the past couple of
days, including a Brown Creeper. Yesterday in my garden I had a Carolina
Wren (I had one all last Winter) and both White Crowned and White Throated
Sparrows. The female hummingbird is still coming to the buddleia and a male
Hairy Woodpecker is now frequenting the peanut feeder.
A (non-birding) stroll on Toronto Islands yesterday flushed an American
Bittern between the airport and the beach. On the pond near the filtration
plant were a couple of Pied Billed Grebes and a pair of Wood Ducks plus a
few Green Winged Teal.
Also seen were a Swainson's Thrush and a pair of Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers.

Last night, at about 10pm, I heard an Eastern Screech Owl calling loudly
from Marita Payne.

Concord is just north of Toronto, near Richmond Hill.
Marita Payne Park runs on the west side of Dufferin, starting about a block
north of Steeles.

IAN CANNELL, CONCORD, ONTARIO
Cannell at rogers.com

"Ian Cannell" <cannell at rogers.com>