Migrants in Aurora

Ronald J. Fleming ronaldj..fleming at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 6 23:46:01 EDT 2002

Having grown up in Hamilton, I can only wish - especially as a birder
hearing about Western Grebes and Brown Pelicans - that I was still
there.  Ah well - of possible interest to York Region birders: Aurora's
MacKenzie Marsh had a decent selection of migrants this weekend... there
were 6 Rusty Blackbirds, 2 juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons, 6 Great
Blue Herons, 2 juvenile Common Moorhen, 6 Rusty Blackbirds, one
Pied-billed Grebe, a ragged stream of passing Turkey Vultures (at least
10), 2 DC Cormorants and at least 400 Mallards.

Ron Fleming

Mackenzie Marsh is just east of Yonge Street in north Aurora on the St.
John's Sideroad.  Aurora is just north of Richmond Hill, ...which in
turn is just north of Thornhill... which in turn is just north of
Toronto.

"Ronald J. Fleming" <ronaldj..fleming at sympatico.ca>