Birding in Toronto

Ameen Ahmed savewildlife_ameenindia at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 12:26:47 EDT 2002

Dear Birdlovers,
I'm Ameen Ahmed (27), a new immigrant to Canada. I've birded for the past
12 years in much of India- my birth Country. I have been involved in
Wildlife conservation activities through many Non Governmental
Organistaions there.

I'm currently residing near Flamingdon park near Toronto. As a newcomer I
would be grateful to anyone helping me with the following queries:
1. Which are the places to look out for birds in Toronto?
2.Is any permission needed to enter parks and other wooded areas?
3.What books would help to identify Canadian birds? (I already have
purchased the book on North American Birds by Sibley (published by Audobon
Society)
4.What organisations and bird clubs are present in and around Toronto? Are
there any regular outings held?
5.Any other links for a new birder like me, to start?

Any comments would be highly appreciaed. Thank you for your time.

Ameen

Ameen Ahmed
www.karnatakabirds.com
www.ddsf.tripod.com