Red-throated Loon in Collingwood

Scott & Wendy Martin / WILD Canada smartin at wildcanada.ca
Sun Dec 1 01:08:35 EST 2002

There is a Red-throated Loon in perfect winter plumage in Collingwood's
inner harbour.  It is located on the west side of the road leading to the
"Harbourlands Spit" and old grain elevators.
There are also many other water birds, like Red-breasted Mergansers,
Bufflehead and Mallards, tucked into the rock peninsula about 200m off the
east side of the spit.  I'm not sure what all is tucked away in there, as I
did not have my scope today.

This road is easy to find, right across from the Collingwood Museum and
Welcome Centre on the Hwy. 26 bypass, between Canadian Tire and Hurontario
Street.

Scott A. Martin
WILD Canada - Native Plant Nursery and Ecological Consulting
#75 - 39th Street North
Wasaga Beach, ON   L0L 2P0

(705) 429-4936

smartin at wildcanada.ca