Spotted Towhee Cambridge

Bill and Heather Wilson wgwilson at mgl.ca
Wed Jan 22 21:19:00 EST 2003

Hello Ontbirders,

Reminder: I will be meeting with birders again tomorrow morning,
Thursday, 23 January, at the Garden Gate parking lot in Blair,
Cambridge, to enter Cruickston to look for the Spotted Towhee.

There are no public trails on the section of the Reserve where the bird
is seen; however, both the tenant and CCRR again have give permission
for birders to accompany me, Bill Wilson, to view the bird.  As before,
I will meet you in the Garden Gate parking lot at 8:45 a.m.  Directions
below:

Directions to Blair-Cambridge (5 minutes from 401):  Take 401 Highway to
Exit 275 (Doon/Blair).  You will be driving towards Blair-Cambridge on
Fountain Street. Follow Fountain Street (Road #28) to Blair Road. The
intersection of Fountain Street and Blair Road is just before the
Fountain Street bridge over the Grand River.  Turn right on Blair Road,
driving immediately into the Village of Blair on Blair Road. [See page
28 Ontario Road Atlas MapArt] The Garden Gate/Bleu Monk is located in
the middle of the Village.  This historic building has a large parking
lot beside the building - the CCRR office is on the second floor.
Please meet me in the parking lot.  For further information on CCRR, go
to www.cruickston.com .

Bill Wilson
Environmental Steward
Cruickston Charitable Research Reserve