Ducks-Burlington, etc.

dave milsom milsomdave at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:30:59 EST 2003

After seeing #150 for my winter list-a Sapsucker near Guelph, I crawled down
Guelph Line to the lake in a snowstorm. Sheltering from the high winds
around the Travelodge Hotel were 20 + Canvasback, a female Long-tailed Duck,
43 Trumpeter & 35 Mute Swans, 25 White-winged and 6 Surf Scoters, 4 American
Coot, Gadwall, Black Ducks, etc. There was a dead Canada Goose with an
orange neckband and two silver bands on its left leg ( no wonder it perished
! )
At Fruitland in Stoney Creek, much ice was evident due to the winds. Only an
adult male Black Scoter flew by.
Just south on Eagle at Bloor ( near Islington) good views were obtained of
an adult Peregrine ( #151 )perched on top of the video camera on the
highrise ledge.
Dave Milsom
milsomdave at hotmail.com
Website : http://members.rogers.com/milsomdave1