Gray Partridge at Brantford Airport

Chris Escott chris at escott.ca
Tue Mar 4 22:50:08 EST 2003

Sorry for the late post, but George Prieksaitis and I visited Brantford
Airport on Sunday, March 2nd and found two coveys of Gray Partridge. The
first was a group of four (4) birds foraging on grasses in rather deep
snow immediately on the north-west side of the cross street (opposite
the end of Airport Road, between the yellow hydrant and the large white
sign board, not more than ten feet from passing cars!) where Airport
Road tees into the terminal access road. After a little while they flew
off into the fenced-in wooden pallet storage area on the east quadrant
of this tee junction intersection. The second was a group of five (5)
birds huddled on relatively bare ground under a small group of mature
spruce in the yard of a warehouse, with truck bays, on the north-east
quadrant of the junction of York Road and Colborne Street West.

Directions: From Hamilton take Highway 403 west through Brantford and
continue on for several km until you reach Highway 24. Exit onto Highway
24 and go south for about 3+ km to the traffic light at Burford /
Colborne Street West (the intersection is Burford Street to the west,
and Colborne Street West to the east). Turn left / east on Colborne, go
about 1+ km, past the school buses on the left, and you will come to the
first of two left turns into the airport property. The first left turn
is Airport Road. The second left turn is York Road. Turning left / north
on Airport Road you go about 200 m and there is a road to the right -
this is York Road and it curves back out to Colborne. Continuing a
further 200 m north you come to a tee junction with another road - right
also curves back to York and out to Colborne, left goes to a dead end at
the terminal building. I have based my directions on the map I found by
searching Canada 411, "Find a Business", for "Brantford Flight Centre"
in Brantford.

--
Christopher J. Escott
1 Shouldice Court, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M2L 2S3

Chris Escott <chris at escott.ca>