Presqu'ile Shorebird Survey

Robert Riggs m-r.riggs at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 6 10:17:38 EDT 2003

Don Shanahan and I conducted the weekly Presqu'ile IBA shorebird survey
today between 7.40 a.m. and 8.50 a.m.  It was very misty and Gull Island
was impossible to see but between Beach 1 and Owen Point we saw 1 Red
Knot, 5 Spotted Sandpipers,  4 Killdeer, 11 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 2
Sanderlings, 4 Ruddy Turnstone and 1 Dunlin for a total of 28 birds.

To reach Presqu'ile Provincial Park follow the signs from Brighton.

Maureen Riggs
m-r.riggs at sympatico.ca

Robert Riggs <m-r.riggs at sympatico.ca>

guidelines.