HSR: Hawk Cliff (01 Sep 2003) Raptor counts (total=0)

reports at hawkcount.org reports at hawkcount.org
Mon Sep 1 09:09:54 EDT 2003

Hawk Cliff Hawkwatch
Port Stanley, Ontario, Canada
Daily Raptor Counts: Sep 01, 2003

Black Vulture                0              0              0
Turkey Vulture               0              0              0
Osprey                       0              0              0
Bald Eagle                   0              0              0
Northern Harrier             0              0              0
Sharp-shinned Hawk           0              0              0
Cooper's Hawk                0              0              0
Northern Goshawk             0              0              0
Red-shouldered Hawk          0              0              0
Broad-winged Hawk            0              0              0
Red-tailed Hawk              0              0              0
Rough-legged Hawk            0              0              0
Golden Eagle                 0              0              0
American Kestrel             0              0              0
Merlin                       0              0              0
Peregrine Falcon             0              0              0
Unknown                      0              0              0

Total:                       0              0              0

Observation start time: 07:00:00
Observation end   time: 08:00:00
Total observation time: 1 hours

Official Counter: Dave Brown

Observers:

Visitors:
Actually several visitors came by on Sunday...but no one to brave the
weather today

Weather:
Intermittent rain for the day. No real movement of raptors yet...not much
of a start to the official 2003 migration count!

Observations:
I will mention that on Sunday Aug 31st (yesterday) a friend and I did have
the opportunity to spend a few hours at the cliff and got 3 Bald Eagles (1
Adult 2 Imm)...possibly locals...a couple of harriers, a few each of
Kestrels and Sharp-shinned Hawks and a nice Cooper's Hawk right over our
heads. Also some nice Ospreys.

 Had some really good smaller birds on Sunday as well with several species
of warblers and vireos, several Red-Bellied Woodpeckers, Pileated
Woodpecker, Caspian Terns and Boneparts gulls.

Predictions:
It's still pretty early so I don't anticipate any big numbers but with a
nice NE wind to start the day and fair weather there might be some good
birds if you're willing to show some patience. :)
Report submitted by Dave Brown (thebrowns at ezlink.on.ca)
Hawk Cliff Hawkwatch information may be found at:
http://www.ezlink.on.ca/~thebrowns/HawkCliff/index.htm

Hawk Cliff Hawkwatch:
Oldest Hawkwatch in Ontario - since 1931 - located just east of Port Stanley on the cliff overlooking Lake Erie

reports at hawkcount.org

guidelines.