Jaegers and Sabines Gulls, Van Wagners Beach

Cheryl Edgecombe cheryle29 at cogeco.ca
Tue Sep 2 20:35:27 EDT 2003

Posting for Barry Cherriere

Spending the day at VanWagners in strong north east winds I observed:

4 Long-tailed Jaegers (1 adult about 10:30 a.m.)
22 Parasitic Jaegers (at least 3 adults)
11 Sabines Gulls

Conditions were excellent for these birds and may be around tomorrow as
well.  Birds were observed from 9:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m..

Directions

Van Wagners Beach is at the west end of Lake Ontario
>From Toronto take QEW Niagara to Woodward. Exit off of Woodward onto
Eastport Drive and follow signs to VanWagners Beach Road.  Take this road to
Hutch's Restaurant.
>From Niagara take the Centennial Parkway Exit and follow signs to VanWagners
Beach Road.

"Cheryl Edgecombe" <cheryle29 at cogeco.ca>