no Buff-breasted Sep.8 at Sobey's; 90 migrant raptors at Cranberry, Whitby

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Mon Sep 8 18:04:00 EDT 2003

Several AM reports to me indicated no Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the Sobey's
pool in southwest Whitby Sep.8.
In spite of southeast winds we had 59 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 8 Ospreys, 12
Kestrels and 1 adult close-in BALD EAGLE among the 90 migrating raptors at
the Cranberry Marsh Raptor Watch.
It is worth the trip to CMRW to possibly view "our" "performing" resident
Pereginne and Merlin.

CMRW is near the south end of Hall's Rd., 1 block east of Lakeridge,
accessed from Victoria St. in southwest Whitby.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby

"Doug Lockrey" <lockrey33 at rogers.com>

guidelines.