Common Eider at Pr. Edw. Pt. Sept !4, '03

Bob Sachs rsachs at cogeco.ca
Sat Sep 13 21:32:15 EDT 2003

Hi Terry,

It was after noon by the time I got to Pr. Edw. Point. The Traverse was very
dry and barren of birds other than BLUE JAYS (hundreds milling overhead). I
stumbled onto the COMMON EIDER while walking around the SE side of the
Traverse Point. The EIDER was more than 200 m. out in the lake but it
paddled right to me until I was only 8 to 10 m. from it as it dove for
seaweeds. I watched it for 20 min.

Bob Sachs, Kingston ON.
rsachs at cogeco.ca

"Bob Sachs" <rsachs at cogeco.ca>