Smith's Longspur at Thunder Bay

Nicholas G. Escott ngescott at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 14 21:12:37 EDT 2003

A first fall Smith's Longspur was on a lawn at Thunder Bay's Marina Park
this morning, found by Nick Escott and Brian Moore.

Other good birds were a Buff-breasted Sandpiper and a Long-billed Dowitcher,
both at the Chippewa dredgings landfill.

We had a major fall-out of migrants today at Thunder Bay, hundreds of
Swainson's Thrushes and Palm Warblers everywhere, 93 species total for the
day.

If anyone needs directions to Marina Park or Chippewa, please e-mail me.

Nick Escott
650 Alice Avenue, RR #14
Thunder Bay Ontario P7B 5E5  Canada

(807) 345-7122