4-day post for Cranberry Marsh Raptor Watch, Whitby,ON -Sep.15-18/03

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Thu Sep 18 17:21:38 EDT 2003

 The Cranberry Marsh Raptor Watch in southwest Whitby, ON, has been in
 operation since 1990. This year we started up on Aug.21; we try to cover
the
 platform every day through to Nov.30, particularly in the AM hours.

 The table below indicates the number of migrating raptors recorded for the
 period of SEP.15 to SEP.18, and in BRACKETS is the TOTAL SINCE AUG.21.

 TURKEY VULTURE            35 (81)
 OSPREY                                14 (81)
 BALD EAGLE                        0 (5)
 NORTHERN HARRIER        3 (14)
 SHARP-SHINNED HAWK    51(397)
 COOPER'S HAWK                0 (10)
 NORTHERN GOSHAWK       1 (2)
 BROAD-WINGED HAWK    1 (22)
 RED-SHOULDERED HAWK    0 (0)
 RED-TAILED HAWK              18 (44)
 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK        0 (0)
 GOLDEN EAGLE                        0 (0)
 AMERICAN KESTREL             23 (161)
 MERLIN                                    2(17)
 PEREGRINE FALCON              2 (8)
 UNIDENTIFIED RAPTORS    0 (23)
 TOTAL                                    150 (865)

> Directions: From Toronto--east on the 401 into Ajax, exiting south on
> Harwood, down to Bayly, left (east) along Bayly a few km., through
Lakeridge
> Rd., whereupon Bayly becomes Victoria St. in Whitby--- 1 block east of
> Lakeridge turn south down Hall's Rd.; park in the second roadside parking
> area, just north of the lakefront; walk east down the path to the
platform.

> Doug Lockrey, coordinator CMRW

"Doug Lockrey" <lockrey33 at rogers.com>

guidelines.