RED BREASTED MERGANSERS by Newcastle

Markus J. Lise markusonmill at speedline.ca
Sat Sep 20 19:57:05 EDT 2003

Hello Fellow Birders,

This afternoon I sighted 2 RED BREASTED MERGANSERS in the Bowmanville Harbor
and this evening I sighted 11 of them in the Graham Creek south of
Newcastle.

Sighted 2 BELTED KINGFISHERS in the harbor of the Port of Newcastle and 1
GREAT BLUE HERON, 1 RED CRESTED CORMORANT.

Throughout the day many MONARCH BUTTERFLIES, PAINTED LADY, WHITE CABBAGE &
SULPHUR butterflies passed over.

This evening I sighted 100's & 1,000's of Monarch Butterflies roosting on
the north east sides of the trees just up from the harbor of the Port of
Newcastle on the west side of Graham Creek.

Directions:  Take exit # 440 off Highway # 401 south.  Follow Port of
Newcastle Drive up to Carveth Crescent.  Park your vehicle in the first
corner and follow paved path along side of the Graham Creek on the west side
and the back yards of new homes on Carveth Crescent on the east side.

Markus J. Lise
Newcastle, On

"Markus J. Lise" <markusonmill at speedline.ca>

guidelines.