PURPLE GALLINULE (?)- Holiday Beach

Dr. Gordon Payne vireo at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 27 13:34:18 EDT 2003

Today, the sharp eyes of Ian Platt gleaned this pearl buried in
yesterday's Holiday Beach Raptor Report:

<A single immature Purple Gallinule was sighted and viewed many visitors on
several occasions feeding in the Arrowhead plant section of the aquatic
area just northwest of the tower. This section is 25 feet from the
shoreline.>

Ian phoned Point Pelee National Park and they didn't know anything about
it.  He phoned Holiday Beach to see if there had been any further
reports - we are still waiting to hear back from them.  We will post
again if the bird is still there.

Gord Payne
London, Ontario
vireo at sympatico.ca