Rufous Hummingbird update Nov 26 - Kingston

Brian.Morin at pc.gc.ca Brian.Morin at pc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 26 19:55:05 EST 2003

I observed the bird this morning between 9:00 and 9:45 am. It was coming to
the feeder about every 15-20 minutes, remaining for a short time (15-30
seconds) and moving off. It sometimes lights in the adjacent cedar tree
after feeding. I watched from beside the picnic table and had excellent
scope views. The neighbourhood Carolina Wren obliged with some great views
at the main feeder and a Raven passed overhead as I arrived.

Brian Morin
Cornwall

The following is from Bob Sachs' posts:

DIRECTIONS: from Hwy 401 @ km. 623 go south on Hwy 15 to the T-junction at
Hwy 2 and then east on #2 Hwy to King Pitt Rd., then south on King Pitt Rd.
to #24 at the end of the Road.

CONDITIONS: The owners are birder-friendly. They request that visiting
birders not block the streets or driveways Please visit in small groups, 5
or 6 persons at a time are welcome to watch the hummingbird feeder on the
south side of the house from a distance of 20 ft. A good vantage point is
the row of rocks at about that distance south of the feeder.

Brian.Morin at pc.gc.ca

guidelines.